I have some friends that like to joke about me being a little late to the CrossFit party, but better late than never is true. Certain things may not be a good fit at a particular point in life, but when the time is right, don’t be afraid to try something new.
Right now, this 6 Week CrossFit Challenge is perfect for me, so I think it’s a great time to be a CrossFit newbie! With that being said, I had my very first class this past Monday.
While I am a CrossFit newbie, I’m not new to fitness. But as I looked around the room I realized some challengers are totally new to all of this. As I was braindumping, these tips all started coming out and and I think they apply to newbies of all levels:
1. Everyone is nervous and there for their own reasons (no one is worried about you!).
2. Having knowledgeable coaches is critical to building success and confidence.
3. Find the balance between being patient, pacing yourself, but also working your ass off at the same time.
4. You will get out what you put in to each workout.
5. Always focus on form (even if you forget your reps!).
6. But try your best to keep track of reps so you can use the numbers to gauge progress later on.
7. Don’t be intimidated by guys lifting heavy weights. They started somewhere too and it’s all relative.
8. Don’t stop when you’re tired, stop when you’re done.
9. Be open to learning and trying new things (or new ways of doing things!). Even if you are an experienced athlete, there is always more to learn. A coach gave me one small tip about my squat form that made a big difference!
10. The hardest part of the workout is just showing up.When you get there it will be worth it.
I’m gearing up for Day 2 right now, and I’m sure that by the end of the 6 weeks I’ll have so much more to share. Be sure to follow my journey on Instagram!
What are your best tips?
Thanks for visiting our Wild Workout Wednesday link up! Each week I link up with Annmarie from The Fit Foodie Mama, Jen from Pretty Little Grub, and Nicole at Fitful Focus to bring you workout ideas, motivation, inspiration and recipes to try. Join us for a wild workout each week by reading along or grab the button and link up if you have a fitness or healthy living post to share!
Linkup below if you have a workout, fitness find or healthy recipe to share! Just make sure to link back or grab the badge and we’ll make sure to spread the inspiration around 🙂